Home - Welcome to the IRC
The Industrial Refrigeration Consortium is a collaborative effort between the University of Wisconsin Madison and corporations. Our goal is to improve the safety, efficiency, and productivity of industrial refrigeration systems and technologies. We realize this goal by conducting applied research, delivering knowledge transfer, and providing technical assistance. Although our efforts are focused on industrial refrigeration systems that utilize anhydrous ammonia, we also work with systems that use other refrigerants.
The IRC offers a unique combination of complementary resources that include academic qualifications, technical expertise, and practical experience. We provide objective information that is not biased by an affiliation with any particular organization.
- Fugitive Emissions Guidance Document - IRC
- IRC Safety Relief Systems Workshop Brochure - 2020.pdf - IRC
IRC Course Material
- John Davis - Applying Building Science to Refrigerated Buildings and Cold Storage Facilities - John Davis
- Bruce Nelson - Refrigeration Air Coolers - Bruce Nelson
- Carnie Marsh - Chiller Technology Update - Carnie Marsh